As of March 10th, 2020 Mobile Austin Notary will no longer be traveling to any Texas:
- Outpatient rehab centers
- Any type of medical doctor offices
- Urgent care centers
To perform mobile notary services and meet customers because of the higher risk of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 in these places.
We’re still available 24/7 to travel to your home, business, nursing homes, or company offices to do general notarizations on any type of legal documents.
As well as performing loan signing closings for all our nationwide title, mortgage, and real estate company clients.
We want to make sure that both our customers and mobile notaries feel safe and comfortable when they meet each other during this global pandemic.
These are a few things that we recommend that you can do and what lengths we’re willing to go to make you feel safer.
When hiring a Texas mobile notary service ask them what measures they’re implementing in response to Covid-19 and if they say nothing go elsewhere with your business.
What You Can Do…
1. You can put your government ID (drivers license, passport, military photo ID card, state identification card) that you must show the traveling notary in a Ziploc bag that way the mobile notary never touches it. If using a U.S passport make sure you have it completely open to where you photo is at.
2. You can use your own pen instead of using the mobile notaries pen when you sign your documents in front of them and in their log book.
3. If you’re going to pay us by cash or a local check you can put the cash or check in a Ziploc bag and give that to the mobile notary as payment.
Or if paying by a credit or debit card put the card in a ziploc bag so when you hand it to the traveling notary to process the payment on their smartphone they never have to touch it.
4. You can wear a pair of medical exam gloves when you meet the mobile notary public.
5. You can wear some sort of medical mask over you mouth and face.
What We Can Do…
1. Our mobile notaries will be wearing medical exam gloves when they meet you to perform the notary service in the central Texas area.
2. Our mobile notaries may or may not be wearing a mask of some sorts. This could be a N95 respirator mask or a standard surgical mask to a custom homemade mask with a PM2.5 insert filter pocket when they meet you.
3. We can meet you in your garage or outside on your deck, patio, or front porch to do the mobile notary if (not including loan closings document packages) you only need a few documents to notarize.
If it’s raining out, cold out, or extremely windy the mobile notary services will have to be done inside your home or office.
If the mobile notary services are to be done outside you must provide some sort of table and/or a chair or some type of flat surface and seating for the mobile notary public.
At this time we have no idea how long this new policy will be implemented for but it will be in force for the foreseeable future.
We will keep this page updated as we learn more and things change.
Thanks, be safe, and God bless.